Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold occurs in areas that offer the sources of fuel it needs. This is typically areas where there is some moisture & warmth. Here are some areas where you may find it & should be checked...
- Window sills – Be sure to look around the edges of the window & the glass itself.
- Refrigerator drip pans – There’s a small drip pan located under your refrigerator. Be sure to check for this. Pull it out & empty it routinely.
- Attics – It can be hard to pinpoint mold in the attic, but look for sources of moisture, such as a leak or an area where condensation is built up.
- Front-loading washing machines – This has become a common problem because the doors tend to remain closed, making it hard for these surfaces to dry out.
- Chimneys – Typically due to leaks, it is always a good idea to inspect your chimney for signs of mold damage.
- Air conditioners – Your air conditioner can be at risk both in the outdoor condensers and the indoor units.
- Under the sink – Look under each one of your sinks. Look for areas of discoloration on the cabinetry and the wall.
Do You Have Mold? Let Our Team Clean It Up
Mold is highly dangerous, even if it looks easy enough to clean up. It’s best to allow a professional handle it in order to minimize the risk of it becoming airborne. If you find mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Vigo County at 812-242-9611 for fast, reliable help.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (812) 242-9611
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Vigo County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (812) 242-9611
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Vigo County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Terre Haute community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: