Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold occurs in areas that offer the sources of fuel it needs. This is typically areas where there is some moisture & warmth. Here are some areas where you may find it & should be checked...
- Window sills – Be sure to look around the edges of the window & the glass itself.
- Refrigerator drip pans – There’s a small drip pan located under your refrigerator. Be sure to check for this. Pull it out & empty it routinely.
- Attics – It can be hard to pinpoint mold in the attic, but look for sources of moisture, such as a leak or an area where condensation is built up.
- Front-loading washing machines – This has become a common problem because the doors tend to remain closed, making it hard for these surfaces to dry out.
- Chimneys – Typically due to leaks, it is always a good idea to inspect your chimney for signs of mold damage.
- Air conditioners – Your air conditioner can be at risk both in the outdoor condensers and the indoor units.
- Under the sink – Look under each one of your sinks. Look for areas of discoloration on the cabinetry and the wall.
Do You Have Mold? Let Our Team Clean It Up
Mold is highly dangerous, even if it looks easy enough to clean up. It’s best to allow a professional handle it in order to minimize the risk of it becoming airborne. If you find mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Vigo County at 812-242-9611 for fast, reliable help.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (812) 242-9611
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Vigo County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (812) 242-9611
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Vigo County is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property.
If a catastrophic storm or event occurs, we can call upon the resources of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: