Wetness in Your Home’s Crawl Space - How To Identify and Resolve
While you may have experienced your first fire drill at your local school in Terre Haute, IN, that doesn’t mean your emergency escape learning is complete — nor is that of your employees. Implementing a proper emergency drill system within your workplace can drastically reduce the likelihood of a casualty or injury when an actual disaster does strike your building. To build a proper drill experience, you’ll need to:
• Assign specific tasks and roles to each employee taking part beforehand
• Go over your escape plans verbally on a regular basis
• Create and enforce accountability procedures during each drill
• Identify the location and use of emergency equipment (fire extinguishers, first aid kits, etc.)
While evacuation may seem easy enough, there are always going to be snags that need to be addressed to keep things running smoothly. For example, if any of your employees are physically disabled, they may need extra assistance with an evacuation, which should be addressed during your drill. Upon creating your fire drill plan, identify any potential complications and assign one of your staff members to take care of the issue specifically during the evacuation.
It’s not enough to go over your emergency plan once and then simply expect employees to remember all the details. That’s specifically why drills are so important. However, even with drills, it’s worthwhile to hold bimonthly meetings to review safety information, create handouts for your employees to keep at their desks, etc. It might seem like overkill, but such reminders are the best way to help your staff remember the plan in times of real trouble as well as drills.
After your drills, give rewards to those who’ve completed their roles reliably, and for getting to the indicated meeting space calmly and on time. This shows that you take fire safety in your workplace seriously and that drills are a crucial part of your preparation plan that are not to be taken lightly.
Fire drills are more than an excuse to get in a little exercise on the job. Performing one correctly now and again helps to enforce fire safety in the workplace unlike anything else.
Microbials In Your Home & How SERVPRO Can Help!
Two dreaded word for homeowners: MOLD and MILDEW. Microbial growth can cause all kinds of issues and can be very expensive to mitigate.
Microbial growth grows best in dark, damp, humid and warm conditions and spreads by reproducing spores. Some microbial growth can grow in a harsher condition as well. Some common indoor types are Cladosporium, Penicillium, Alternaria and Aspergillus. These kinds of microbial growth, and others, can cause health effects.
Here are a few locations that are more likely to have mold issues in your area:
- Antique shops
- Construction areas
- Flower shops
- Summer cottages
If you believe you are having a microbial growth issue in your home or business, let SERVPRO start working on the issue before it gets out of hand! Call us today!We are faster to any disaster and we will make things "Like it never even happened."
What Do You Do When Your Washing Machine Malfunctions?
After having a washing machine malfunction while the customer was doing laundry. She not only had wet clothes but a wet house.
Thankfully the customer was home to stop any further damage from being done before SERVPRO of VIGO COUNTY was called.
STEP 1:Turn off the water Main
Final STEP: CALL SERVPRO OF VIGO COUNTY 812-242-9611
SERVPRO of Vigo County came in and fixed her water damage as the customer would say better than it was before.
The crew was organized, fast and professional. I would highly recommend SERVPRO of Vigo County to my friends, family, and neighbors.
Call SERVPRO OF VIGO COUNTY for any type of disaster you may encounter! 24-7, any time or type of day we are there to save your home!
With SERVPRO Give Soot The Boot!
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Vigo County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (812) 242-9611
Will Your Insurance Cover You If Your Basement Floods?
Basement flooding is among the top reasons for homeowner’s insurance claims. If you’ve discovered a basement flood in your home, you suddenly have a long list of tasks to take care of to protect your property. It may help to understand whether you can expect insurance to pay for your damages.
Water damage is handled through two separate insurance sectors, depending on the source of the water. Many common causes of home flooding fall under the umbrella of your homeowner’s insurance, but there are exceptions.
Homeowner’s Insurance and Water Damage
Your conventional insurance will generally cover a portion of the water cleanup and restoration costs for a basement flood, as long as the water didn’t enter from outside the home, such as with rising floodwaters. These are among the scenarios that would likely be covered:
- Broken or leaking water pipe
- Leaking appliances, such as a washing machine or ice maker
- Stormwater leaking through a damaged roof
- Overflowing toilet
- Overflowing bathtub or shower
It’s important to report the damage with your insurance agent right away if your basement has flooded. If your damage was caused by external water entering your home, you will need to look beyond your conventional policy.
Government Flood Insurance
A flood is defined as a temporary condition where usually dry land is inundated with water or mud. If your basement flood was caused by floodwater entering your home from ground level or below, a special government flood insurance policy would be required for coverage. Flood insurance is issued by the US Government, but your agent can help you purchase it or file a claim. If you are considering flood insurance, it may be useful to determine your level of flood risk. Your agent can refer you to an expert who can help assess your risk.
Researching insurance coverage options and finding out your flood risk level are important steps in food preparedness. If you experience water damage, it's a stressful time, and knowing which insurance entity to approach will move you one step closer to returning your home and your peace of mind to normalcy.
So give us a call! We are faster to any disaster and are here to help get you back to "Like it never even happened."
Vigo County 24 Hour Emergency Water Service
SERVPRO of Vigo County provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Vigo County.
SERVPRO of Vigo County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today -812-242-9611
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Vigo County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of SERVPRO of Vigo
SERVPRO of Vigo County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Vigo County today at 812-242-9611 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Here at SERVPRO of Vigo We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
Homes basement flooded by heavy rain
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Vigo basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 812-242-9611
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Vigo County and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the tust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 812-242-9611
Restoring your Commercial Property after a Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Terre Haute commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Vigo
SERVPRO of Vigo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Why let SERVPRO handle fire damage and odor control?
Because the longer that your home sits without restoration efforts, the more difficult it is to salvage your contents and materials. Even if some elements like your HVAC System, light fixtures, and appliances seem to be untouched, there could be soot deposits wreaking havoc.
- Once our Green Fleet arrives on the scene and the first responders give the green light for re-entry, our crew chief begins the assessment.
- All unsalvageable materials, contents, and charred debris gets safely disposed of.
- Water removal services and drying begin if any standing water or chemicals are present from fighting the fire.
- Controlled demolition gets done to replace any unsalvageable building materials with brand new materials.
- Meticulous cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing help wrap up the project, leaving your home like-new once again.
Why SERVPRO of Vigo for fire damage restoration? We are locally owned and operated, staffed by a team that cares about getting our residents the results they deserve. Reach us 24/7 at (812)242-9611.