Signs of Mold in Your Home
No one wants to think about their home being infested by mold, but it does happen. Whether you discover the mold yourself or get the dreaded news from an indoor environmental specialist in Terre Haute, IN, who has performed a mold test, you will want to have the mold removed. How do you know you have mold, though?
Trust Your Senses
You may know that your home has mold by relying on your senses of smell and sight. If there is a musty odor in a particular area in your home that you cannot seem to overcome, it is likely that there is mold growth in the area. If you see something dark growing in a place it does not belong, such as on a wall or on your carpet, you may have a mold problem. An indoor environmental specialist can help you remediate anything that resembles the following:
• Dark, fuzzy patches
• Black stains in a damp area
• Black, white, green, brown or orange flakes
Follow the Moisture
Since mold needs a wet environment to thrive, any place in your home that experiences water damage is potentially at risk for mold growth. Mold can hide under floorboards and inside walls. Whether the excess moisture comes from something as simple as an overflowed toilet or as extensive as flooding from a storm, water damage can appear as warped, buckling surfaces, and these damaged areas are a breeding ground for mold. You might also notice discoloration on the walls, which can be a sign of a nasty mold problem behind them.
There are many ways to know that you have a mold problem that needs to be eradicated. An indoor environmental specialist in Terre Haute, can help you uncover the problems you cannot see or smell yourself. The sooner you find mold, the less it will spread and the sooner you can get rid of it.
For more information, visit us at http://www.SERVPROvigocounty.com.